Born Birmingham 23 September. Painter in oil and watercolour; landscape and decorative items, also occasional murals. Educated Solihull HS for Girls, studied at Coventry School of Art 1947-8 and Edinburgh College of Art 1949-52 under William Gillies, Robin Philipson, Robert Henderson Blyth and John Hunter winning a travelling scholarship enabling her to visit France and Spain. First visited Italy in 1973 where the fresco paintings made a profound influence, reinforcing a natural inclination toward 'on the wall' flatness through the use of close tone and line. Became visiting lecturer at Gray's School of Art, Aberdeen, while maintaining a studio in Edinburgh. Married fellow artist George Mackie. Has a preference for using pale colours. A large mural was commissioned for the new Cumbernauld Town Hall. Over 70 commissioned portraits, many of children. Elected RSW 1966, RSA 2006. Exhibited regularly at both RSA & RSW, also AAS 1959-1980. Represented in Aberdeen AG, Glasgow AG, Perth AG and Lille AG (Milngavie), SAC, Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh.